Witsy

When witty meets ditsy. It is a phrase coined by my once and future ex-husband to describe the brilliance I will display one second, and the utter stupidity the next. In an attempt to join wit with dits, I bring you Witsy. I would like to hear similar experiences, answer questions, and hopefully learn from and educate others without feeling like a moron about it. I ask everyone to join me in an attempt to brighten up the world, one beautiful mind at a time. Welcome to Witsy.

Monday, June 19, 2006

Whimsically Witsy

Please allow me to introduce myself. My name is J. Brown (for those who have not had the opportunity or honor of meeting me). I'm a Florida girl, born and raised, and I enjoy my "life is a beach" mentality. As I explained on my homepage, WITSY was born when my best friend pointed out how I am the smartest and ditsiest person he knows. I go from profound to dumbfound in the blink of an eyelash. It makes for good laughs and mocking, so it's all gravy. Since a certain celebrity thought that Chicken of the Sea was some canned aquatic bird meal, being dumb is considered "cute". However, it is not as "cute" if you're not so cute. What a vicious web we weave.

I chose the name "Not So Cosmo" because there is a particular magazine that I feel is dumbing down the average girl. This magazine includes tons of information on "What's in" from fashion to celebrity news to ways to be a better sex partner. Please allow me to harp on the last mentioned. For starters, it is hard to take the advice of how to please a man from some woman. Furthermore, must there be so many various ways to please a man. "501 ways to make him want you". UGH! Who has the time for all that. That list should be no more than 5 basic human needs, with the addition of enjoying every minute. I love men, fashion, and celeb gossip as much as the next girl or guy, but really. How many times can I read the hundreds of ways to please a man, when I am reinforced by every man in my life to keep things simple?

I don't wish to attack the magazine itself (I used to read it back in the day myself), but the train of thought it promotes... hmmm... not so much. With Witsy, I hope to expose a way of thinking that is outside of the box when it comes to the ways women and men conventionally think. Hell, I want to expose that there is no box! It's just us, our interactions, and our time together, so this site is to point out our mutual thoughts and follies. I hope to hear other peoples' opinions about life, good times, bad times, and everything in between. Free-thinkers are most welcome to leave me comments, questions, and suggestions either on this site (preferably) or through my email address: mschief12@gmail.com . Life is a work in progress, and so is the Wisty website. Enjoy!

Jacquelyn
Not~So~Cosmo

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home