Witsy

When witty meets ditsy. It is a phrase coined by my once and future ex-husband to describe the brilliance I will display one second, and the utter stupidity the next. In an attempt to join wit with dits, I bring you Witsy. I would like to hear similar experiences, answer questions, and hopefully learn from and educate others without feeling like a moron about it. I ask everyone to join me in an attempt to brighten up the world, one beautiful mind at a time. Welcome to Witsy.

Monday, August 22, 2011

Twatter The Odds?!

I have done what I swore I'd never do (after also giving up swearing)... I have a friggin' Twitter account! I had long rejected the notion of yet ANOTHER social networking site, mocked those that had gone to the dark side (I called them "Twatters"), and refused to be educated on its superiority to Facebook. Now the mocker has become the mocked...

It all started with a friend and I discussing our purpose/meaning of life. A deep and wonderful conversation in which I shared my belief that we're made up of the same materials as the stars. I'd never read or heard it, but it was in my head all the same. Later that same night, she text me to turn to the science Channel for a program called, "Wonders of the Universe". My world has not been the same since...

The narrator of "Wonders..." not only said the exact same things that I'd said earlier in the day, he had scientific data to prove it. Professor Brian Cox, a British physicists (and a one-time rock star), is the brilliant and dashing host that put my beliefs into well organized scientific explanations of our oneness with the universe. As much as I love to avoid what's "trending" in mass media, I have to admit I've become quite smitten with the "Brian Cox Effect". This effect has caused a paradigm shift in my attitude towards science, as well as social networking. There was once a time that I felt like my mind couldn't process scientific information, which was quite confusing because I'm especially good at math (and all academic subjects, really). Science has always stumped me, until now...

Now that I'm a "Twit", I only follow science related Twatters and find that the information is easy to process. Also noteworthy is how amusing and witty I find these men of science. It's not all beakers and bunsen burners, folks. I laugh, I learn, and I love that my mind has been opened to a whole new world of wonders. If someone had told me weeks ago that I'd fall in love with science, become a Twit, and resurrect my blog from 5 years ago, then I would've laughed and checked them for a fever. Maybe I would've thrown a drink in their face in the spirit of reality TV. Yet, here I AM... A star reborn!

Not~So~Cosmo

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home