Witsy

When witty meets ditsy. It is a phrase coined by my once and future ex-husband to describe the brilliance I will display one second, and the utter stupidity the next. In an attempt to join wit with dits, I bring you Witsy. I would like to hear similar experiences, answer questions, and hopefully learn from and educate others without feeling like a moron about it. I ask everyone to join me in an attempt to brighten up the world, one beautiful mind at a time. Welcome to Witsy.

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Star Gazing

A friend once took me on a surprise trip to a remote location in a very dark wood. He didn't let me know where we were going, or the purpose of the trip. Of course, this annoyed me slightly because I like "to know" everything that's going on. I asked and probed, but he would only smile and say, "you'll see". When we arrived, he parked near a canal that was surrounded by trees. He got out of the car, and I nervously followed his lead. Looking around, I could barely see anything, including my companion. Just when I was at the brink of total annoyance, he softly told me to look up.

When I lifted my eyes, I could see the stars like I'd never seen them before. "I once was blind, but now I see"... Without the city lights to distract my eyes, ears, and mind, the stars were brighter, closer, and more numerous. I felt like a child again, seated in the planetarium on a field trip. We stood silently gazing at the stars for a very long time, then he began pointing out constellations. I was awe struck.

Just when I thought I couldn't be happier, fireflies appeared! As if the stars had dropped down from the sky and were swirling around for my very own amusement. It was yet another first, seeing fireflies. I kept trying to point to them so he could see them also; but alas, every time he turned to see one, it flickered out. This became a game for awhile; "There! There it is (fade)... There's one (fade)"! He laughed at my delighted squeals and we stayed in that desolate spot for hours, with only the stars and fireflies to keep us company...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home