Witsy

When witty meets ditsy. It is a phrase coined by my once and future ex-husband to describe the brilliance I will display one second, and the utter stupidity the next. In an attempt to join wit with dits, I bring you Witsy. I would like to hear similar experiences, answer questions, and hopefully learn from and educate others without feeling like a moron about it. I ask everyone to join me in an attempt to brighten up the world, one beautiful mind at a time. Welcome to Witsy.

Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Why Women Wednesday

Witizens,

I have a confession to make. I am addicted to yet another TV show,make that yet another REALITY TV show. The Bad Girls Club on theOxygen network (Viva la Ripsi!) Why, women, are we so obsessed withreality TV? What about these shows, so not based in REALITY, has ustuning in religiously?

I would have to say that my reality TV viewing started back in theday with COPS. That show was, is and will always be awesome. To thisday I think it is the realest show on TV, even more so than the news.I love when they do a Palm Beach episode (I know the Citgo.) Real lifeidiots committing real life idiot crimes being caught by real lifeidiot cops. Pure perfection.

Next came MTVs Real World. I was hooked from the first New York untilthey went "Back to New York", a full decade. That show is filled withdrama and I LOVE drama. I still say my all-time favorite line. It'sfrom the Miami season, said by Melissa, directed at the token gay Dan.Say with your best Cuban accent "Don't you ever, ever call me a bitch,you fucking flamer."

Some of my other reality shows include American Idol, Flavor of Love*, Celebrity Paranormal Experience and the aforementioned Bad GirlsClub. This show is awesome. If you like reality TV, you'll love it.There are many more shows that I watch but memory fails me at thetime. I would have to say the main draw for me is the drama. Is it thesame for you? Why, women, are we so obsessed with reality TV? Let meknow during the next commercial break.

Kisses Bitches,

Will Work For Shoes

* There's a Flavor of Love spin-off called I Love New York. It wascreated especially for New York, who is in my opinion one of thebiggest reality TV losers out there. I mean to get fucked and dumpedby Flavor "Burnt Chicken Wing" Flav twice is just sad. I havesuccessfully avoided the season premiere. Only the rest of the seasonto go. Wish me luck.*

1 Comments:

  • At 10:44 AM, Blogger Not So Cosmo said…

    Will...Shoes,

    I totally agree. You know you're my "T.V. Guide" when it comes to reality shows. I would have been at a loss when it came to "Flavor of Love" and a gang of other shows. I will give you credit for trying to suggest "Bad Girls Club" to me, though I rejected the suggestion before you could even tell me. I try to keep t.v time down to one silly show per year.

    "I Love New York" will deffo NOT make the viewing list. First of all, I don't love that bitch. Second, the whole premise is absolutely insane. Men fighting for the adoration of a television whore? Ricockulous. Perhaps all of us who hate New York shouldn't view the show so that the "Powers That Be" will not continue another season; or better still, cancel this season's show.

    Thanks for picking of the slack WWFS... I've been a little out of touch with reality as of late, but managed to stay in touch with reality t.v.... Ironic. To answer your inquiry, I'd say I become obsessed with R.T.V. because it is so outlandish that it makes me feel more sane, and that my life is really quite chill. I guess it's like vicariously living out my inner drama queen with these silly bitches on the tele. And, it's all highly amusing.

    N~S~C

     

Post a Comment

<< Home