Witsy

When witty meets ditsy. It is a phrase coined by my once and future ex-husband to describe the brilliance I will display one second, and the utter stupidity the next. In an attempt to join wit with dits, I bring you Witsy. I would like to hear similar experiences, answer questions, and hopefully learn from and educate others without feeling like a moron about it. I ask everyone to join me in an attempt to brighten up the world, one beautiful mind at a time. Welcome to Witsy.

Saturday, July 01, 2006

Financial Woes (A Comment to The Mantrix)

Agent Smith:

I've been meaning to respond to so much of what you've been writing to, but you should know my attention span when it comes to World Cup Soccer (and if you don't know, now you knooow). The post that totally tickled my fancy was the "Financial Solutions" that sometimes fall upon even the very best of us. For anyone who would count themselves fortunate enough to have never been declined at the register for "insufficient funds", it is I that pities you. You know not that face you will someday make, or that gut-wrenching feeling, but it's coming... I have been declined. Oh my, how it hurts to be declined! Yet, it is a learning process one must go through. It has nothing to do with social status, spending habits, budgeting techniques, or anything that one can try to plan for. Seriously, Donald Trump went bankrupt... It's at times mismanagement, and other times bank error. C'est la vie.

I'm usually good with money by only dealing with money. Bank/credit cards will throw off my mental when it comes to spending; as I tell my friends, "I only deal in the currency". Even still, accidents happen. For the most part, everything runs super smoothly; however, there are times when I have to rely on my bank card, and OH! How the trouble ensues...

There is this face that I can't describe, that I KNOW appears when the cashier says, "your card was declined". It is the face of utter shock, and for lack of a better term, it's my "What The Fuck?" face. When I KNOW I have money, and that stupid person tells me I'm declined, oh my GOD... I have this moment of absolute confusion/frustration/humiliation/damnation all in one. If you've never been declined, don't worry about it; you just won't get it. If you have been at the register with all the stuff you reeeallly want, but now some dumb machine and cashier says, "you CAN'T have it", and it's because you "CAN'T afford it (you know that's what they are thinking), it is the most disheartening thing imaginable.

As for your advice, Agent Smith, I'd blindly take it because I think you'd have a better handle with the finances than myself. Also, you're a fearless leader. I am Witsy, and I do like spending, but more importantly, I hate being denied. At least the mismanaging/bad advice would be your fault at the end of the day.


Not~So~Cosmo

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home