Witsy

When witty meets ditsy. It is a phrase coined by my once and future ex-husband to describe the brilliance I will display one second, and the utter stupidity the next. In an attempt to join wit with dits, I bring you Witsy. I would like to hear similar experiences, answer questions, and hopefully learn from and educate others without feeling like a moron about it. I ask everyone to join me in an attempt to brighten up the world, one beautiful mind at a time. Welcome to Witsy.

Thursday, September 14, 2006

Is there a "Doctor" in the House?

Witizens:

It has been quite some time... A thousand apologies. I've been going hither and thither, and well, it happens. In the past few days, I have been meaning to address my disdain for another T.V. personality: Dr. Phil. Introduced to the world by the cult leader, Oprah, he grew into an overnight success, and perhaps one of the most overrated doctors on the planet. He was even nominated as one of "America's Top 100 Heroes", right up there with our founding fathers. Bravo America!! Dr. Fucking Phil!!! Either he is the most brilliant doctor that ever lived, or this country needs some more heroes. STAT!!!

I remember this super fantastic guy that I adore (he's actually a "King" amongst men) once asked me, "Do you like Dr. Phil?" I answered, "hell no", and then had to add that "I don't really watch the show; however, from what I have seen, I don't like him". He thought I deffo would because I'd like to be a therapist at some point, and I do believe in calling out when people are being ridiculously stupid. So, naturally, he assumed that I would like Dr. Phil's style of therapy. Now, I hate to Tom Cruise out, but I am an expert on psychology! Dr. Phil is an expert on common sense, at best. This man has such outlandish show guests that his "expert advice" would also be offered by my 9 year-old nephew. There, I'll call him Dr. Jeffrey from now on.

The absolute worst, and this is the icing on the cake, is that Dr. Phil is getting yet another television series. In this new debacle, he will have a family move into a house that is complete with a camera in every room. After a few stays, Dr. Phil himself will move into the house with the family, for what I guess will result in 24 hours of videotaped therapy. Wow! Not even Freud was this involved, and his case studies went on for decades. Dr. Phil "Good" promises us, the audience, that "It's the realest reality T.V. you're gonna get!"... I assure you all, audience, that it won't be. The moment a camera is introduced, it all stops being real and becomes really crappy. I believed I liked the concept better when it was called, "Big Brother"; at least they had drama and sex in the house (if there is sex on Dr. Phil's show, I'm going to be disturbed forever!!!).

It seems as though our nation is in search of a hero, but if our last ditch effort is Dr. Phil, or even better, that gestapo Oprah... Well, then we are worse off than we ever thought. The T.V. can't save us, not even if it is Reality Television. It simply rots your brains; I thought the Real World 27 and Road Rules 19 taught us that. Tsk Tsk.


Truly,

Not~So~Cosmo

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home