Witsy

When witty meets ditsy. It is a phrase coined by my once and future ex-husband to describe the brilliance I will display one second, and the utter stupidity the next. In an attempt to join wit with dits, I bring you Witsy. I would like to hear similar experiences, answer questions, and hopefully learn from and educate others without feeling like a moron about it. I ask everyone to join me in an attempt to brighten up the world, one beautiful mind at a time. Welcome to Witsy.

Thursday, March 01, 2007

Idol Chatter: Week 2

So we are down to 10 each and the competition is heating up. Those ladies really look like they want to win, but the gentleman aren't just going to hand the victory over. And I have a request for the judges, namely Randy and Paula: PLEASE STOP TELLING THE CONTESTANTS HOW AMAZING THEY LOOK AFTER A SHITTY PERFORMANCE. This is a vocal talent competition, not a damn BEAUTY PAGEANT. Plus, I think the ladies know you are patronizing them. Most of those comments are followed by a HEAVY eye-roll. So anyway, here's what the guys and gals sang this week.

GUYS
1. Phil Stacey Missing You
2. Jared Cotter Let's Get It On
3. A.J. Tabaldo Feelin' Good
4. Sanjaya Malakar Steppin' Out With My Baby"
5. Chris Sligh Trouble
* he's got a hot wife. NICE!
6. Nick Pedro Fever
7. Blake Lewis Virtual Insanity
8. Brandon Rogers Time After Time
9. Chris Richardson Geek In The Pink
10. Sundance Head Mustang Sally

GALS
1. Gina Glockson How Do I Get You Alone
* Ryan Seacrest called out this girl's boyfriend on national TV and said that after 2 years of dating "it's time for the ring"
2. Alaina Alexander Not Ready To Make Nice
3. Lakisha Jones Midnight Train To Georgia
4. Melinda Doolittle My Funny Valentine
*she's so sweet and humble
5. Antonella Barba Because You Loved Me
6. Jordin Sparks Reflection
7. Stephanie Edwards Dangerously in Love
8. Leslie Hunt Feelin' Good
* I hate when 2 people do the same song in the same week and 1 is way better than the other one, in this case A.J. being the better of the 2
9. Haley Scarnato Queen Of The Night
10. Sabrina Sloan All The Man That I Need

So those are the songs and here are my top and bottom 3 from each group.
Top 3 Guys: A.J. and the following guys all tied for second; Phil, Blake and Brandon
Bottom 3 Guys: Jared, Nick and Sanjaya
Top 3 Gals: Melinda, Stephanie and Sabrina
Bottom 3 Gals: Leslie, Alaina, and Antonella (2 of the 3 got the "at least you look beautiful" line)

I was 2 for 4 last week. We'll find out tonight on Fox how I did this week. And stay tuned for the show that comes on after the results. It's fun to see how many adults AREN'T smarter than a 5th grader.

See you next time,
Will Work For Shoes

Again, straight from American Idol.com: Unfortunately for Nicholas, Alaina, AJ, & Leslie, it was the end of the AI Road.

I'm getting better, 3 for 4, although A.J. leaving is a major disappointment. He was my favorite male.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home