Witsy

When witty meets ditsy. It is a phrase coined by my once and future ex-husband to describe the brilliance I will display one second, and the utter stupidity the next. In an attempt to join wit with dits, I bring you Witsy. I would like to hear similar experiences, answer questions, and hopefully learn from and educate others without feeling like a moron about it. I ask everyone to join me in an attempt to brighten up the world, one beautiful mind at a time. Welcome to Witsy.

Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Why Women Wednesday

Witizens,

It is another hump day, and I seem to be back to my old self, so I figured I'd give writing a go. Women, why do we have a hidden "rape fantasy"? Why do we pretend we don't? Why is it hidden? I've heard women deny that they don't, and I've heard sleazy guys say that "all women want it". On a personal level, I admit to my own rape fantasy, and some of my closest friends and sisters will admit it also. In truth, any female that I'm close enough to has confirmed that they have a rape fantasy. So, why the secrecy? My only guess is that women are either unaware of their secret feelings, or they simply deny/suppress those feelings because it's unusual. If you've ever seen Gone With The Wind, then you noticed that Scarlett O'Hara is completely smitten only after her husband, Rhett Butler takes her by "force"; when he was doting on her and lovey-dovey she was not feeling it. Now, I know that Hollywood films are no way to argue a respectable point, but that movie is fresh in my mind and it's fucking classic; the point stays!

I've spoken to men who ask if every woman had this well known rape fantasy, and I usually answer, "most do, but I'm not sure if they are aware of it"... Let me be clearer, most women don't want some stranger to rape them, so for all you rapists, pipe the fuck down. It is more like us women want the men that we know/date/marry to want us so badly that holding us down and forcing us is the most logical thing they can come up with. Perhaps it is the passion, domination, or the "I'm gonna make you mine!" response to a woman's irresistibility that is the cause of our fantasy... I can't decide. All I know is that I'm as normal as they come {snickers}, and I have a rape fantasy.

If this makes me weird, then frankly my dears, I don't give a damn. I'll accept being weird... At least I'm honest. For all my Scarlett O'Hara Hamilton Kennedy Butlers of the world who like their men to play the manly card every once in awhile and fuck them whether they say "yay" or "nay", I salute you and your honesty with yourselves. As for those that deny their inner feelings and make it as though the rest of us are perverted... Hmmm... Maybe I should hold these women down and force them to admit they have rape fantasies. They just might enjoy it (I know they would).

Truly,

Not~So~Cosmo

3 Comments:

  • At 6:43 AM, Blogger Will Work For Shoes said…

    There's got to be a better word to use than rape. Maybe domination. I can't associate rape with my husband. That's just too weird for me. Rape makes me picture creepy looking guys with sunken cheek bones and stringy hair and total lack of self esteem which all equal not sexy. Maybe that's just me. Domination: yes. Rape: hell to the nah.

     
  • At 7:35 AM, Blogger Not So Cosmo said…

    This comment has been removed by the author.

     
  • At 7:36 AM, Blogger Not So Cosmo said…

    WWFS,

    I can understand that; I think that's why women claim they don't have a "rape" fantasy. However, that creepy, lurking dude is clearly not the fantasy; that would be full on rape with an arrest, therapists, the whole nine. As you can see, the fantasy gets the quotation marks "rape"... Anyhow, "domination", "forceful","power" fantasy, call it what you will, it will yield the same fantasy. One in which a man tells you that you want it regardless of what you say.

    Great Balls of Fire,

    N~S~C

     

Post a Comment

<< Home