Witsy

When witty meets ditsy. It is a phrase coined by my once and future ex-husband to describe the brilliance I will display one second, and the utter stupidity the next. In an attempt to join wit with dits, I bring you Witsy. I would like to hear similar experiences, answer questions, and hopefully learn from and educate others without feeling like a moron about it. I ask everyone to join me in an attempt to brighten up the world, one beautiful mind at a time. Welcome to Witsy.

Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Why Women Wednesday

Witizens,

Another week, another day, another Wednesday, and another quick question for the ladies. Why... Oh why, women, do you have such a problem letting go of old and outdated friendships? I mean, by the time that the relationship is held together by the glue of time itself, and the only commonalities are restaurants, knowing all of each others best stories, and a mutual hatred for one another, why not just call it quits? I've seen the way men fall out, and granted, it's usually for more sound reasons than us ladies, but nevertheless, men just dump it like it's hot. Their actions are as swift as their decision. Women, why do we try to find the rationale in ending old friendships instead of relying on our gut? Why invest time in something that will inevitably end?

I would say hope would be my number one reason for hanging onto expired friendships. A hope that they may change, or I may change; perhaps some form of maturity and/or a resolution. However, hope springs eternal, and I don't have all fucking day. This may be the reason that amongst my friends, I am one to dump it a lot. There's really no one thing that irks me; rather, I believe I throw in the towel only when there's no hope in my friend for me. Whereas some may say I am a bit heartless, I find the loss of hope to be the most jagged little pill to swallow. Women, why are you beating that horse... It's dead!

Women, why do we befriend men/women that drive us up the wall? My mom's best friend of like 40+ years is also her biggest rival. Why? Is that even healthy? Are we just so needy of affection or attention that we settle for friends that absolutely suck balls? If so... Why?

Truly,

Not~So~Cosmo

1 Comments:

  • At 4:47 AM, Blogger Will Work For Shoes said…

    "Keep your friends close and your enemies closer." We both know what raging, evil, psycho hose beast women can be. We're the best at it. And most women are gluttons for punishment. We just want to see how far this crazy bitch will go and will she try to take us with her.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home