Witsy

When witty meets ditsy. It is a phrase coined by my once and future ex-husband to describe the brilliance I will display one second, and the utter stupidity the next. In an attempt to join wit with dits, I bring you Witsy. I would like to hear similar experiences, answer questions, and hopefully learn from and educate others without feeling like a moron about it. I ask everyone to join me in an attempt to brighten up the world, one beautiful mind at a time. Welcome to Witsy.

Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Independence Day

It is another day of independence, an luckily for the machine, the office was closed today. I did exactly what I wanted, from waking up late, to learning how to cook on the grill. I already know how to cook on it, but it was more of the cleaning the coals out and the whole icky process that I usually call "man work"; yeah, I did all that stuff. It was hot and gross and incredibly icky, but I wanted to learn how to do it so much that it was hella fun. Especially when I finally got to light the coals... it's a thing of beauty to a pyromaniac, let me assure you. I'd love to say that everything went down without a hitch, but I can't. What I did love was that I still got to learn from each hitch. Sidenote: I now know why it is necessary to pile the coal in a pyramid-shape on the coal-holding-rack thingy to keep the coals burning. Well, not why so much, but I know what happens if you lay them flat and evenly across because you "think it's cuter like that"; they don't keep burning. Another important reminder is to listen to the person that is in fact teaching you how to do everything...Trial and error.

In the end, when the entire meal turns out wonderfully, no one even knows about the small mishaps anyway; better still when a mishap becomes a work of genius. Bob Ross would call it a "happy accident" in his painting, so I borrowed it for cooking purposes.
I do enjoy learning, and I had a ball making a mess of things and cleaning it all up; however, the best was knowing I could do it if I were by myself, Independently. Happy 4th of July.

Not~So~Cosmo

"Okay guys, one more thing, this summer when you're being inundated with all this American bicentennial Fourth Of July brouhaha, don't forget what you're celebrating, and that's the fact that a bunch of slave-owning, aristocratic, white males didn't want to pay their taxes."

~Dazed and Confused

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home