Witsy

When witty meets ditsy. It is a phrase coined by my once and future ex-husband to describe the brilliance I will display one second, and the utter stupidity the next. In an attempt to join wit with dits, I bring you Witsy. I would like to hear similar experiences, answer questions, and hopefully learn from and educate others without feeling like a moron about it. I ask everyone to join me in an attempt to brighten up the world, one beautiful mind at a time. Welcome to Witsy.

Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Idol Chatter: Week 8




I do apologize for all the crappy Paula pics (taken with my camera phone) but I am trying to capture her new fish lips. I don't know if you can see them in the pics but I posted them anyway. Just plain awful. If you can't see them, please please please tune in next week to see her commentate on someones performance. I guarantee you will see what I am talking about then. And now onto the actual point, last night's performances.
Latin Music was theme for last night's performances and they brought in Jennifer Fucking Lopez as the mentor for the night. I guess she is Latin and she does sing but whatever, not a fan. I don't know if it was the genre or if people are feeling too safe or maybe have given up but it was a show full of pretty lackluster performances. You know they couldn't have been too good, when Sanjaya falls in my top 3 (I rank each performance on a scale of 1-10 and he, Blake and Jordin got high marks from me.)
Melinda Doolittle Sway
LaKisha Jones Conga
*this performance would have been much better w/ sleeves on
Chris Richardson Smooth
Haley Scarnato Turn the Beat Around
*this performance was almost manic. I'd like to thank Simon for keeping it real when he told her “wear the least amount of clothes as possible … the rest are all better singers, so all you can do is have fun.”
Phil Stacey Maria, Maria
Jordin Sparks The Rhythm is Going to Get You
Blake Lewis I Need to Know
Sanjaya Malakar Besame Mucho
*I honestly thought this was his best performance ever. For the first time I sort of understand how he even made it to Hollywood. I still want him gone but not quite as much I guess. Oh and who were the guys in the audience with his sister? He is way too young for them.
My predictions remain the same as last week:
Who I think should go home if purely based on musical ability: Sanjaya
Who I think should go home because I'm still just not impressed after last night's show: Haley
Who I think America will actually give the ax: Phil
We'll see tonight. Later Gators,
Will Work For Shoes
I turned out to be wrong and now she's (Haley) gone.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home